The shortest month of the year certainly isn't short on stuff to celebrate. Groundhog Day (Feb 2) evokes the promise of spring, but lingering cold weather makes a perfect excuse to cuddle on Valentine's Day (Feb 14). Add to this the crazy fun of Carnivale and Mardi Gras, and the killer sales of President's Day, and you have a pretty cool month. It's the International Month for boosting self-esteem. In addition, February is also American Heart Month.
But wait theres more! February starts the hope of spring and fashion begins to change its colors to lighter and brighter tones. This is the month to consider what your spring and summer styles will look like. Fashion for Spring is always colorful and inspirational and it makes you want to immediately purchase something bright and cheerful! The same feeling comes from the changes that spring brings to Hair & Makeup. With Spring around the corner you will want to be sure to plan a strategy to lead the way and head you in the right direction for Spring Fashion!
Some for the new trends I am seeing include the following:
- The Spring Face: A strong brow, soft lip and little rouge. Be sure to add retro sunglasses, like the Cat-Eye frame, for a picture perfect Spring face
- Dramatic earrings
- Yellow looks like it will be the new neutral
- Silver shoes; from sandals to wedges to heels
- Prints from head-to-toe! From floral to graphics, anything goes
- The clutch for day or evening